At the beginning of September, I had the great opportunity to spend a week interning with Ido Portal in Germany. While I was there, I met a great women from Northern Ireland and last month (October) she invited her crew to participate in a hanging challenge. So for the month of October I hung and swung and watched my grip get stronger and my shoulders more open. So, I decided this month, I should invite my crew to participate.
The details of the original hanging challenge from Ido himself can be found here. In short, the challenge is to hang for 7 minutes of accumulated time per day. However, since I am a big proponent of not letting the perfect get in the way of the good, I suggest we start at just hanging every day. So, it can be in dosages of 10 seconds or 2 minutes. You can hang for an accumulated time of 1 minute or 15 minutes and each day can be different. There are no rules.
I do have a few suggestions though…
- Hang in different places with different grips.
- Set yourself up for success by identifying easy to access areas to hang.
- Set an alarm on your phone so you do not forget to get at least one hang in a day.
- Try to build on your time each day.
- Don’t bore yourself out of the challenge, find friends to hang with our post your photos on Instagram and tag me! (@brennabacke)
Today is day 1! Get our there and hang!
2 thoughts on “November Move of the Month – Hanging”
I love hanging. I have a pull-up bar just outside my garage (gym) that I like to hang from in between sets. Great idea.
Great to hear! Have you been trying to hang everyday? Try to accumulate 7 minutes over the course of the day.